Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Gift for Jesus

Photo Credit: Heartlight.org 


What are you going to give Jesus for Christmas?  This is a question I asked my 7 year old granddaughter. With all the excitement she could muster, she said: 

"Oh how can I give something to Jesus?" 

I told her that whatever she did for someone else, if she did it because she loved Jesus that would be a gift to Him. She said: 
"Mommy and I baked pumpkin bread and we are going to give it to our neighbors.  Can that be my gift for Jesus?" 

I told her that if she  gave the pumpkin bread because she loved Jesus and wanted to share Him with her neighbors, that would be a great gift. She was so excited and said: 
"I will, I will do it for Jesus."

What are you giving Jesus this Christmas?


Are you as excited as my granddaughter is about the gift you are giving to Jesus this Christmas?
Matthew 25:35-36:
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.  I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me."

Blessings,
Anna May


6 comments:

  1. I hope to always have the heart of a child; willing to give from my heart. My gift to Jesus this Christmas is to give Him all of my heart; surrendering to His will.

    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how we can remember it's Jesus' birthday, yet forget to give him a gift. We get so caught up in finding that perfect gift for everyone else on our list...thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great lesson you taught your granddaughter. We always need to remember that when we do something for "the least of these", we do it to Him.
    Christmas blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this reminder that when we do something for someone else out of a love for Jesus, that is our gift to Him.

    Following you along. Found your blog through Debbie of Heart Choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anna May,
    Love seeing your thoughts - you are a good writer and you should be sharing these thoughts.
    Love you, h.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post!!! Love this.

    ReplyDelete